I understand that one reason to do this program is to understand your eating habits more, which is definitely something I am hyper aware of right now and this is what I now know about myself.
- I eat a lot of fruit in a day
- I like to have my salads with fruit on top because its quick and easy for me; no fruit-no lunch salad for me
- I like to have smoothies with fruits and veggies in them-no fruits in my smoothie, no Bueno!
- I do not have cravings when I'm not working from home (had some Personal Training clients today, so I was out of the house most of the day-YAY for me!!)
- I like to have snack-able little bite size treats while I'm cooking dinner (if you have non-sweet ideas; let me know I would love to have some go to's).
So, I have actually felt pretty good today; although I did have more of the recommended fruit then I was probably supposed to have. I ate both a banana and 1/2 of a grapefruit, and depending on how I feel after dinner tonight-I might go crazy and eat an apple!
I am not giving up yet, but I can tell you that I need to figure out a way to get more veggies in my day or I will just be trading off the sweets for the cheese; which I don't think is the point.
If anyone has any wonderful tips, let me know. I'm up for suggestions. I do believe I am going to begin eating fruits again very soon, but will continue to commit to not eating any added sugars for the next 21 days.
I have said this to many people already, looking for someone to tell me its ok to eat fruits again. So, again, feel free to let me know how you feel about this below :)
(and that muffin is a 21 day sugar detox recipes; I promise its not a sugar filled one)