If you aren't getting enough sleep you are increasing your risk of disease, did you know that one week of poor sleep decreases your immune system function for up to a year.
So if you are unsure about whether or not you are struggling with sleep, I want you to think about these 3 things.
Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep more than 3 days a week
Struggle to fall asleep for more than 30 min, or if you wake up in the middle of the night are you up for more than 30 min.
Does this happen for 3 weeks or longer.
Us mama's our hormones will be affected, grehlin will go up which will have you craving more sweet and carbs and leptin will go down which is the hormone that helps you to feel full. (Go deeper in our master class in the membership portal).
5 things to help you get a better night sleep:
1. The lighting with electronics and dim the lights in the house
2. create a routine (weekend warriors-you are messing up your sleep clock as it takes 4 days for your body to get back on track).
3. Breathing techniques to really let your body know that it is time to relax and calm down.
4. Consume alchohol at least 3 hours prior to bed as it will mess up your sleep cycle.
5. Try to go to bed before 10pm, 2 reasons-your skin senses and processes light so even if you are sleeping your hormones are starting to be affected and for each hour before midnight you go to sleep you can count that as an extra hour of sleep.
Wishing you a good night's sleep this week and if you are ready to dive in deeper to your personal and family health journey than you will want to join our 5 day challenge where we start to work on making small changes in your everyday life. Just click the button below to join, it's FREE!