When it comes to long car trips kids constantly want to snack mainly out of boredom. Preparing ahead of time to bring healthy snacks will help you avoid the processed foods at gas stations.
Below is a list of my family’s favorite road trip snacks:
- Frozen grapes- these double as a snack and an ice pack! Freeze grapes a few days ahead of time in individual baggies so they can be packed quickly the morning you leave.
- Pre-cut veggies and fruits and single serve dips or nut butters
- Trail mix- you can make your own with dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, nuts, pretzels, chocolate chips etc
- Homemade muffins
- String cheese and crackers
- Banana sushi rolls
- Overnight oats or yogurt parfait
Lastly, audiobooks and podcasts can entertain everyone. Find audiobooks and podcasts that are geared specifically for children. Many times they cover funny topics and provide a break from just listening to music.
When it comes to road trips, remember to prepare ahead of time and enjoy the journey. Some of your family's favorite memories could happen in those moments and be remembered forever.