Here I will provide you with a few tips to help you sit up straighter in your car to help ease some of these minor and nagging aches and pains.
- Make sure your feet are equal distance-right foot on the gas, left foot on the foot rest
- Doing the above will help the hips to remain in neutral (ensure that you are reaching forward with one hip to reach the pedal), if you are bring the seat closer to the pedals
- Try to create a neutral pelvis, adding just a bit of lumbar support to create the small S curve in the lower back
- While slightly tucking your chin, let your head rest back on the head rest
- Adjust your mirror as soon as you get in the car, so that as you begin driving and relaxing you will notice that you no longer see the mirror; this will be your reminder to lengthen back up again.