Therefore it is important for you to practice healthier sleep habits. The 5 that I am recommending are ones that I live by to help me and have helped others as well get a better night sleep just by practicing these as well.
1. Put down your cell phone not only because of the blue light but also because it creates stress and anxiety when you are scrolling "mindlessly" through social media.
2. Create a routine-practice the same routine nightly to help your body and mind know when it is time to start getting ready for sleep.
3. Breathing techniques-boxed breathing to help calm the nervous system.
4. Ashwaganda-this is medicinal herb to helps to relieve depression, anxiety, and stress.
5. Go to sleep earlier in the night, around 10:00pm would be ideal as your skin is able to process light so it is best to work on waking and sleeping with natural light to help your own circadian rhythm.