In a time when everything is rushing by us so fast and many families are eating on the go so that they can get their kids to all of their extracurricular activities we are losing sight of what is most important-our children's health. We need to slow down and make nutrition a top priority for these children.
Not only for their health- but for their height!
"One hundred years ago, US men and women were the third and fourth tallest in the world. Now they have fallen to 37th (men) and 42nd (women)." -according to the NCD Risk Factor Collaboration
Why does this matter for your child's health? Taller people have longer life expectancy, lower incidence of heart disease and stroke, and have greater educational success and higher incomes.
What can you do to help your children eat healthier?
- Sit down at the dinner table together
- Have your children help you prep/cook the meals
- Grow some of your own vegetables/greens
- Cut up fruits and veggies so that they are on hand for children
- Practice eating healthy foods yourself
Photo by Rene Bernal on Unsplash