My goal is to get you outside and get you moving!
Have you ever heard of the term "earthing"? Well, it basically states that we no longer have direct physical contact with the earth anymore and that because of this there is a negative effect on our health due to the lack of us exchanging electrons with the earth.
So, I'm not sure if I completely believe every thing people report regarding "earthing" or "grounding" but I will say that when I'm at the beach-digging my toes into the sand, listening to the waves crash onto the shoreline, and feeling the sun heat my skin and the breeze cool it just slightly; I feel a sense of calming peace.
It is time for us to get outside this month and enjoy this beautiful weather while getting more movement into our life.
Here are a few ideas of things you can do:
- grab a friend and go for a walk; many of us have coffee dates with friends but this month change it up by grabbing that coffee "to go" and finding a path to walk along
- take your kids to the park and instead of sitting on the bench to watch them, get out and swing with them, try to do the monkey bars, climb in the climbing areas, and jump from stone to stone
- head to the beach and bring a ball or Frisbee, swim in the ocean, or just spin in circles
- try climbing a tree
- walk barefoot through your grass and splash in muddy puddles after it rains
- grab your neighbors for a game of kickball, basketball, softball or flag football
- go swimming with your kids
It's time we start playing again! Remember the energy you had as a child? I promise you, you still have that in you, you just have to start playing again and it will come back!!!
Commit to doing at least one of these activities and post below what you tried and how it felt.