To help reduce your anxiety, it may be as simple as what you are putting in your body. Here are some ways you can to start to eat to reduce your anxiety.
- Start your day with rich sources of tryptophan like eggs, turkey, tofu, beans, nuts, seeds, cheese and milk, they will help to provide satiety until your next meal.
- -yogurt with seeds, nuts, and berries
- -veggie egg scramble with a sprinkle of cheese and turkey bacon
- Try to get more Omega 3's in your diet by eating fatty fish such as salmon at least once a week and supplementing with a naturally sourced Omega Supplement
- Eat protein and healthy fat at each meal to help stabilize blood sugar
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day as mild dehydration can cause irritability and restlessness
Things you will want to avoid while dealing with anxiety are sugar, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Eating sugary foods on an empty stomach, causes it to be more quickly absorbed which can create glucose spikes and dips that may contribute to anxiety; so make sure to eat well balanced meals and snacks.
- Also drinking more than 500 mg of caffeine a day can increase anxiety so make sure to pay attention to your caffeine intake as you may not notice the effects of it right away, as it can remain in the body from 3-7 hours.
- Alcohol is a depressant and can affect your sleep cycle which will wreak havoc on your hormones and stress levels and can increase anxiety
Anxiety can be scary and debilitating at times, so it is important to practice self care to help decrease the risks of having it or having it escalate. If you are interested in trying one of our healthy meal plans that provide you with some of the healthy foods that are listed above, you can grab a 7 day meal plan here.