Right now more than ever, it is important for you to make sure you are building up your Immune system so that if you become sick you will only suffer minor symptoms and recover sooner. Our body is able to produce its own medicine, and this medicine is custom made just for you. By eating the right food and exercising you are supporting a healthy endothelium (the lining of the blood vessels), which releases chemical messengers called nitric oxide, and in turn prompts the body to make its own medicine.
So to help our body start making its own medicine we need to make sure to:
- exercise every day-you can go for a walk, do one of my YouTube videos, join one of my fitness classes, or do one of your own workouts
- de-stress-practice breathing exercises, use meditation (I like the free app Insight Timer),
- hydrate-drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces each day-here's a tip of how I get more water into each day
- sleep-make sure you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep, if this is difficult it is ok to add 20 minute naps into your day to help you get the recommended amount of sleep
- healthy eating-make sure you are getting enough fruits and vegetables into your diet; I try to eat 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetable each day and also take my fruit and veggie capsules to ensure I'm getting the antioxidants that I need.