It also needs to be mostly greens, vegetables, and then 1-2 fruits depending on the season. Are you getting that in every day?
I understand it can be tough! That was why I decided to give you some ideas to help you get more greens into your diet.
- Add them to your breakfasts; if making eggs, you can cut up some zucchini, onions, peppers and spinach and make a yummy veggie scramble
- We all know to add spinach and kale to our smoothies, but have you ever tried cauliflower or zucchini? It doesn't change the flavor of the smoothie, but it does add nutrients
- Keep homemade chimichurri on hand to use as a dip, smother your eggs in, add to a sandwich, use as a dressing, or put on top of anything-it truly is the best stuff ever!
- Add more herbs to your salad for extra greens; so many times we just think of the lettuce but adding fresh herbs to your salad can change the flavor profile so much
- Grow your own herbs so that you have them on hand for all of your meals; we use our Tower Garden to grow our salad greens, herbs, and microgreens
- Hide them in muffins and breads. Yes, I know, remember the sneaky cookbook from Jessica Seinfeld? It doesn't have to be to hide them but just so you get more in every day
- Add them to spaghetti and taco meat. You can hide pretty much anything if you cut it small enough
How do you practice getting more greens into your daily diet? I'd love to hear what you are doing below!